Sunday, August 1, 2010

Hope For North Texas - Back to School Event

When Jamie called and asked me to take pictures for the Hope For North Texas's Back to School event, I was really excited. She said that there were going to be 1200 kids coming through the doors of Cross Timbers church and receiving school supplies that were donated by the church and community. It didn't really process in my mind how special this event was going to be or just how huge it was but when I drove up to CT, the first thing I saw was a line of people rolling down to the end of the parking lot waiting to get in. Not only were there 1200 kids waiting for their supplies but they brought their parents, siblings, and friends who all got to experience the provision of the Lord for a day.

How amazing is it that a ministry sees a need in a community, the people work together to respond to the need and the people are provided for! I think this is the essence of what the church's purpose is here on earth. I loved being apart of it. It was a blessing to witness!

styling with his new backpack
the volunteers were so sweet and helpful!
her brother's didn't recognize her with her new bangs!
a grateful mother!



2 comments:

Jamie Mullins said...

Kristen,
You captured the event SO beautifully! So thankful you were willing to share your amazing talent for the day. It was pretty amazing to see the church come together to be the solution for 1200 kids in need...just the way the Lord meant for it to be!

Andrea said...

I love these!!