Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Pursuing Health

So today I just spent an hour with Michelle at the CT Healing Place. During the process of planning my own wedding, my family decided that we needed help in establishing some healthy patterns in all of our relationships. Isn't it funny how something so joyous can really bring up the mud and muck. So my wedding was the apex. And we all decided that we just want to implement change into our family. Really it was my sister and I putting our foot on the ground and saying, "we refuse for this to be our normal!" Change is hard for everyone and I think for the most part it is something that we try and resist. But it's inevitable. Our lives are consistently changing, all the time. There isn't just a few changes that happen in life that we need to prepare for. Life is all about change. Sounds really unstable.... and well I guess it is to an extent, but the change is what refines me and allows me to fully rely on the Lord. It surfaces that mud and muck to where you see it because you're basically covered all in it so you HAVE to deal with it.

So with all of that to say, my family is beginning our little journey to health. I think it's going to be a long one. I'm sure there are going to be really bad days and really good days. But I am thankful that we have reached this point and are now doing something about it. That way, my sister and I's kids will just have that much more of a solid foundation of family and health and each of our marriages, including my parents' , will be strengthened.

I share this with you so you can be encouraged if your family is going through a tough time during the preparations for your wedding. It isn't uncommon for a wedding to bring it out in people. Know that there is always hope and healing. We just have to make the choice to pursue it!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your honesty!

Jamie Mullins said...

So proud of you for being willing to make such an important stand for your family! Love your transparency my friend.

Unknown said...

Kristen, you are amazing and you are in my thoughts and prayers. I am glad to see the beginning of hopefully more peace and light in your life.

kristenrae said...

Thanks to all of you!!! I would love to add you all as friends to my blog. Will you email me your blog link? I don't know how else to add it! :) I really appreciate your encouragement!