Tuesday, August 10, 2010

A New Mind




Newness...it's just my lot right now. And it's a good one that I think I'm going to camp out at for awhile.

If we are friends on facebook, you have probably noticed my obsession with "Friends" - the tv show- lately. I really hate Ross most of the time because he is just so whiney. I think Chandler is hillarious! And I can find elements of myself in all 3 girls. But as I sit on the couch, analyzing all of their characters, I start to notice that they don't really do the same to one another. I know they are all fictional, obviously, but it hit me! They literally ACCEPT each other for exactly who they are. This show has actually challenged me to do the same with my friends. I desire that quality in myself. I want to be a person that can look past differences and choose to be friends with someone regardless! I want to love with no conditions or expectations. I think this challenge starts in the mind. Donald Miller, the author of "A Million Miles in a Thousand Years" wrote a blog about this type of acceptance a few days ago. Thought I'd share the link!

http://donmilleris.com/2010/08/02/id-rather-be-hated-than-loved-with-conditions/

So I'm adding this to the list of my current challenges!

Okay, back to photo editing....


(photo by Katie Kingma, http://www.katiekingma.com/)

3 comments:

Andrea said...

i love you friend! i completely understand what you're talking about, and i love that relationships are things you need to learn with other people. in other words, we all get to "practice" with eachother, make mistakes, etc. thanks for this challenge. i'll be thinking about it too.

CaseyWiegand said...

youre a sweetheart, love u!

Unknown said...

Hi,

You've got a really nice blog. To turn out to be a prosperous individual the basic factor would be to have positive thinking.